Module 2 - vCloud Director 5.5 - Deploying vCloud and vShield Appliance
Module 3 - vCloud Director 5.5 - Preparing for vCloud Deployment
Module 4 - vCloud Director 5.5 - Preparing vShield and vCloud Director
Module 5 - vCloud Director 5.5 - Configuring vCloud Director - Part 1
Preparing vShield and vCloud Director - Module 3
After completing the configuration of VM Storage Profiles and Distributed Switch, the next step would be to setup and configure vShield and vCloud Director appliance.I will first start with attaching the vShield appliance to vCenter and then do the initial configuration of vCloud Director.
1) In the vCenter home view, Power on the vShield appliance and open the console.Once, the vShield appliance has booted up, login to the console as Username:admin and password:default Figure 1.
Figure 1: vShield appliance console.
2) After logging into the console , you need to enter the privilege mode: type "enable" and when prompted for a password, enter "default". Then type "setup" and when prompted assign an IP address and all other details. You might need to log out and log back in for the settings to take effect. Once you login, run the command " show interface mgmt " to verify that the settings have taken effect.Figure 2.
Figure 2: Verify the IP address has been set.
3) Next, we access the vShield Manager via a Web browser. Open an Web browser and type in the Ip address when prompted, enter "admin/default" as username and password. Be patient, it might take a while for the page to open :-) Figure 3.
Figure 3: vShiled Manager login page.
4) In the home page, the first step would be to attach the vShield Manager to vCenter. Click on "Edit" Next to vCenter Server. Figure 4. In the vCenter Information page, specify the details about the vCenter that was deployed. Figure 5.
Figure 4: Start with attaching the vCenter
Figure 5: Fill in the details, about the vCenter.
Figure 6: Lookup Service, configured.
6) Let's now verify that the vShield plugin has been enabled in vCenter. Login to the vSphere client(vShield configuration is not available in the WebClient) and in the Home view under " Solutions and Applications" click on vShield.Figure 7.
Figure 7: vShield Plugin in vCenter.
7) When prompted to login to the vShield console, provide the vShield admin credentials in my case it was (admin/default).Figure 8. Once logged in verify that the vCenter inventory is shown.Figure 9.Figure 8: vShield login screen.
Figure 9: vShield inventory.
vCloud Director Initial Setup:
8) Next we start with the configuration of vCloud Director. If your vCloud Appliance is not already powered on, power it on and wait for the bootup to complete.Open, a webbrowser and enter the IP address of the vCloud HTTP ip address. You will be greeted with the "Inital Setup Screen".Review the wizard guide and Click Next. Keep your vCloud license handy. Figure 10.
Figure 10: Inital Setup screen.
9) Take your time and read through the License Agreement. :-) . Accept the Agreement and click Next. Figure 11.
Figure 11: Agree to license Agreement.
10) Enter the License Key and click Next. Figure 12.
Figure 12. Enter the License Key.
11) Specify a username and password for the Admin account and an Administrator email address.Figure
Figure 13: Specify an admin account and password.
12) Specify a unique system name, this will act as an Unique identifier when you have multiple vCloud cells in your environment.Figure 14 and click Next.
Figure 14: Specify an system name.
13) Review the final screen and click Finish. Figure 15.
Figure 15: Review the final screen and click Finish.
14) Wait for a few minutes and you will be redirected to the login screen. Figure 16. Login with the admin account you created in Step 11.
Figure 16: Login to the vCloud Director.
15) Once logged in you will be greeted by the Home screen of vCloud Director.Figure 17.Yes, we are almost there . :- ) We will configure the vCloud director in the next module.
Figure 17: vCloud Director home screen..