vCloud Director 5.5 - Configuring vCloud Director.
In this module lets start with the configuration of vCloud components so that we can deploy vApps.
1) If you have not completed the Network uplink configuration the following slides will help you with it.If you have already completed the configuration, you can skip this configuration. Figure 1.
Figure 1: Adding ESXi hosts.
2) Click on Add Hosts. Figure 2.
Figure 2: Click on Add Hosts.
3) Select the 2 ESXi hosts that were added to the VC. Figure 3.
Figure 3: Select the ESXi servers.
4) Select "Manage Physical Adapters" and click Next.
Figure 4: Select "Manage Physical Adapters".
5) Select and verify that the Correct uplinks have been assigned. Figure 5.
Figure 5: Assign the correct uplinks.
6) If there are any impact to your existing environment, the next screen should
highlight it.Figure 6.
Figure 6: Verify if there is any impact to the services.
7) Review the Information and click Finish to complete.Figure 7.
Figure 7: Review the configuration and click Finish.
vCloud Director Configuration:
1) Let's start with the vCloud Director Configuration after which we will be able to build and deploy our vApps. To start with, lets first add our vCenter to the vcloud
Director.Click on Attach a vCenter Figure 8:
Figure 8: Select Attach a vCenter.
2) In the next screen enter the relevant details of the vCenter.Figure 9.
Figure 9: Enter the relevant details of your vCenter.
3) Enter the details of the vShield Manager.Figure 10.
Figure 10: Enter the details for vShield Manager.
4) In the next screen. Review the details and click Finish. Figure 11.
Figure 11: Review the details and click Finish.
5) The great thing about configuring vCloud Director is that the home screen shows
us which tasks have been completed and which needs to be completed. Now the
home screen will have green check mark next to the vCenter server as the
configuration is completed. Next we will create a Provider vDC. In the Home screen
Click on " Create a Provider vDC". Figure 12.
Figure 12. Click on Create a Provider vDC.
6) Enter the name for the Provider vDC and a short description. Select the Enabled option and select the lowest version of VM Hardware that would run in your environment.Click Next. Figure 13.
7) Select your vCenter and the appropriate Resource pool, in my case "Resource" to deploy the vCloud VMs. Click Next.Figure 14.
Figure 14: Select the Resource Pool for VM deployment.
8) Add the Storage Policy that we had created earlier.Click Next. Figure 15.
Figure 15: Select the Storage Policy created earlier.
9) Enter the Credential for the Esxi Servers. Figure 16.
Figure 16: Enter Credentials for Esxi hosts in the vCenter.
10) Review the Summary page and click Finish when completed.Figure 17.
Figure 17: Review the Summary Page and click Finish.
11) The Next Step is the Create an external Network. Go back to the Home Screen and
click on "Create an External Network". Figure 18.
Figure 18: Create an External Network.
12) In the "New External Network" screen select your vCenter and this will bring up all the Network's available. I am selecting the vCloud-PG. Figure 19.
Figure 19: Select the Portgroup already created in vCenter.
Figure 20: The Portgroup that was selected in the previous steps for reference.
13) Enter the Network details appropriate for your environment.Figure 21.
Figure 21: Enter the Network details.
14) Verify the details in the next screen. Figure 22 and Provide a meaningful name for the network.Figure 23.Review the Final screen and click Finish. Figure 24.
Figure 22: Verify the network details.
Figure 23: Enter a name for the network.
Figure 24. Review the final screen and click Finish.
Create a New Organization:
15) In the Home Screen, click on "Create a new organization".Figure 25.
Figure 25: Create a new Organization.
16) Provide a name for the Organization and the description.Figure 26.
Figure 26: Provide a name for the organization.
17) Since, I do not want to integrate my vCloud with Active Directory now, I will select "
Do not use LDAP". Click Next. Figure 27.
Figure 27. Select "Do not use LDAP"
18) The next screen will prompt you to add a new User for Managing the Finance
Organization.I have created a user call Finadmin and assigned him the role of
Organization Administrator.Figure 28.
Figure 28. Create a user for the Organization.
19) I will come back to the Catalog option later, for now keep the default(nothing
checked) and click Next.For Email Preferences,Figure 29.Keep the Policies to the
Default and keep Next. Figure 30.
Figure 29: Keep the defaults.Click Next.
Figure 30: Review the Policies.Click Next.
20) Review the Entire Configuration and Click Finish. Figure 31.
Figure 31. Review the Configuration, Click Finish.